Saturday, November 2, 2013
I went and explored the Noble New England sim a little more today (you can see yesterday's wander here), and happened upon a pretty fox wandering the lane between the racetrack and the church. Okay, I lie -- I didn't happen upon hyasynth, I politely demanded that she come look cute for me. I'm still discovering little nooks and crannies, including my favorite one, a little canoe floating in a dappled lake, all covered with a tent for lazy afternoon naps. It makes me wish my avatar slept…
Thank you to hya for posing (her credits are below), and you can explore the Noble New England sim here.
Necklace: Schadenfreude Short Vitalle Necklace, f (chest)
Bracelet: Schadenfreude Moonsong Bracelet (l)
Avatar: Tangerine Foxie Mod - Frick Finkler
Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ Cora Mesh Hair - Aquatic
Dress: Schadenfreude Widow Lost in the Woods Dress (m)
Plushie: (Ash)(Flop!) Fledermaus Batty Plush ~silentsparrow~
Tattoos: tenebrae tendrils tattoos (color ink) Dark (edit & tint me!) ~silentsparrow~
Eyes: Puppy - Reflective Eyes - Chinchilla - Fel Flame - L
More jewelry: Anklet & Earrings Schadenfreude
Friday, November 1, 2013
Tonight Ms. Serene Fairey of the lovely blog SL Transfusion agreed to drop what she was doing and model for me on a brand new sim that opened to the public today! The sim is by the Noble Storybook people, and is called Noble New England. Their theme is simple yet welcoming. They wanted a nice New Englandish-looking place for people to come and hang out, photo, explore, and chill. They also say there will eventually be live music in the pretty church ("Decorated as a vintage club"), and if you look around hard enough you'll find a wee secret. "There's also a secret wizard society situated upstairs in the barn (an offspring of the Hogwarts sim Expecto)." Go visit Noble New England here!
Neat, right? Ms. Serene embodies this gloriously autumnal scene perfectly in her cozy sweater and gothy makeup; credits (which I will steal from at length) are below the photos of the sim!
Sweater: okiDoki Juliana Sweater Mustard TDR,
Pants: Boom Manchesters Cocoa Pants,
Hair: Exile Like Lovers Do,
Jewelry, shoes: Nudolu Hibou gacha shoes and Jewelry,
Shirt: Atomic Frilled Shirt (old),
Skin: Essences Amaterasu skin,
Lipstick: Dead Apples Balm Stains Lipstick,
Collar: Drift Chic Turtleneck collar
Thursday, October 31, 2013
The Stringer Mausoleum has this insane outfit out for Flux. It has skulls and petals and glitter and a tutu and a bodysuit (not shown), and comes in many colors. I was drawn to the bright green, because it's not a color I put on all the time. I might as well consider it my Halloween costume, since today is Halloween and this is what my avatar is wearing. Being a mom and all, I have strict Halloween duties tonight, and won't be able to check out Second Life's doings until the sugared-out little one finally crashes. Are you going to anything fun in SL tonight? Whatcha gonna be?
Also below I've photoed my latest impulse purchases from Enchantment, hanging above a very suitable vanity table from C88. I really love Aisling and all of the stuff they create, and the wicked queen portrait totally freaked me out one night because I didn't realize she blinked. Along with it is this adorable wall shelf from OMEN. I'm all set to poison a hapless virgin! Enchantment totally opens tomorrow.
What if my RL Halloween costume (I'm wearing it right now for a work Halloween party) were made in SL? I put my pretend credits in this photo.
- . a i s l i n g . Evil Queen Portrait from Enchantment
- O.M.E.N - Enchanted Book Shelf - Red / Blue Side from Enchantment
- . a i s l i n g . The Poisoned Apple frame from Enchantment
- . a i s l i n g . FairyTale Frame from Enchantment
- Second Spaces - teardrop dressing table - teal from C88
- Second Spaces - teardrop lamp - black/jewelry boxes/candles from C88
- Lashes: *MC* Falsies Eyelashes
- Eyes: NP Lunar eyes in Azur
- Brows: Glam Affair Simple Brows in Petroleum color from C88
- Bracelets: MG Loa Happy Magick Skulls from C88
- Necklace: MG Loa Happy Magic Skulls - short necklace from C88
- Earrings: MG Shadow Cross from C88
- Headdress: The Stringer Mausoleum Death's Devotion Headdress in NeoGreen
- Tutu: The Stringer Mausoleum Death's Devotion Tutu in NeoGreen
- Tattoo: ~silentsparrow~ Ssssssnake heart tattoo in allegory color from the shop gacha
- Hair: Clawtooth Windswept in Lagoona color from C88
- Boots: Lassitude & Ennui Wanderlust boots in black
- Skin: MIASNOW skin Candy w/ cleavage
- Makeup: MIASNOW Candy clown full face
- Hands: Slink casual (with MIASNOW appliers)
- Lingerie: Luxuria Cherie bra in forest green, Cherie underbust corset in forest green
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Imagine my surprise and delight to see actual clothing layers at C88. I snapped up this Nylon Outfitters outfit in a second and put it on while completely ignoring every single applier. I'm still wearing that unreleased skin from the mysterious shop formerly known as Cupcakes, T&C. Rosemary Galbraith says that the skin will be out "eventually," and the initials T&C stand for something, but I have yet to find out what... I like a good mystery, though, and this skin is so pretty that I'm looking forward to seeing what else they do with it.
But on to that jewelry set. It's by House of Rain for the upcoming Enchantment event, and the designer is Ms. Bronxelf. The set is actually three pieces that work well together -- tiara, diadem, and choker. Perhaps it's gauche to wear a tiara and a diadem, but together it looks like a rather epic crown. I like the detail of the apple (with a bite out of it) dangling from the choker, symbolic of the coolest lady from fairytale land, the self-absorbed evil queen. I've included a few more photos of the Enchantment sim, just to tease. (Enchantment opens November 1!)
My post title comes from the poem A Conceit by Rae Armantrout. Stuffs:
- Jewelry: (Choker, diadem, tiara) House of Rain, Poison Takes Hold, for Enchantment
- Hair: Lamb Gemini in blood fruit
- Eyes: NP Lunar in Scarlett
- Lashes: *MC* Falsies lashes with HUD
- Hands: Slink Gesture
- Manicure: Flair
- Skin: T&C Autumn - fair with freckles and teeth, bronzer and brown lipstick
- Boots: Lassitude & Ennui Sugarskull boots in pink
- Ring: MG Angelica's Ankh of Power from C88
- Outfit: Nylon Outfitters Skeleton Leggings outfit from C88
- Poses: Marukin
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Last night I was all alone in the bedroom with no company but the sound of the computer clicking and whirring, and went to explore Athens Asylum. I stepped onto the first floor and was struck by the feeling of being haunted. Have you ever had this feeling? I've had it in RL every so often, mostly when I'm in an old place, feeling as if a lot of stray energy from the past is hanging around and bumping against the present. I get it especially at my grandmother's house, a house that's been in the family for four generations. It feels like breath on the back of my neck, or a lot of eyes in the walls, or simply THINGS near me.
I didn't expect to get the feeling this strongly from a Second Life build, but I did. The obviously gross items weren't all that frightening to me, but the abandonment and decay were. Perhaps the setting was evocative of the intense sorrow and angst of psychological pain, or perhaps the narrow hallways and dirt and broken things were simply too much. I wandered to the basement, and up to the roof, and then just couldn't handle it. I'm not sure how long I was there, but it, um, wasn't long at all.
Then I went back to my safe, bright little skybox, put on some items from Horrorfest, and imagined a little scenario inspired by the asylum.
"My mommy told me that I'm a pretty, pretty princess," I muttered as I stared into my mirror...
I'll add the SLURL to the Athens Asylum build when I'm home later (I have no access to Second Life at present), or you can find it in the Destination Guide under "Haunted".
The title of this post is from the poem War Rug by Henri Cole.
- Outfit: SMOTD Malachi Bloodied Corn Sack Dress and pumpkin head for Horrorfest
- Necklace: ISD Death's Grip Choker in blood
- Eyes: Ellabella Phantasm Eyes - Bio One for Horrorfest
- More blood: ImmateriA Lizzie Borden bloody face tattoo for Horrorfest
- Web projector: Pretense pose for Horrorfest
- . a i s l i n g . FairyTale Frame (your photo goes into the frame :D )
- Lashes: MIASNOW Candy 2 Fantasy
- Skin: T&C Autumn Pale
- Feet and hands: Slink Fist/Casual hands, Medium feet
- Makeup: MIASNOW Bloody Clown full face
- Shoes: Ingenue Odette Heels in Graphite (for Slink feet)
- Hair: Lamb Mono in Blood Fruit
- Spiderweb gloves and bodysuit: Schadenfreude black spiderweb set with group gift slink hand appliers!
- Nails: Flair 162 set
- Pumpkins: Schadenfreude mesh jack-o-lanterns
Monday, October 28, 2013
My dress and collar and makeup are from Horrorfest. I'm still really digging the artistry there, especially the stuff that I'd never dream of, ever. Like Helena's eyelash-feelers that look as if they'd be in place in a coral reef. Wonder if they give my avatar special powers, like sensing changes in the wind? (Read more about Horrorfest at the blog!)
Throat Corset: S.E. Charlotte Elegant throat corset for Horrorfest
Eye makeup: The Stringer Mausoleum Fashion Monster Makeup - Charity Monster for Horrorfest
Eyes: The Stringer Mausoleum Klown Eyes - Red for Horrorfest
Lashes: The Stringer Mausoleum The Great Patch (Eye Decor) in Yellow Jacket for Horrorfest
Dress: Senzafine Arachne dress in charity color, sepia, for Horrorfest
Hair: Lamb Lovage in Ink
Skin: T&C Autumn Pale
Lip makeup: MIASNOW Candy Bow Lip in Orange
Shoe: Lassitude & Ennui Alisha Lace Booty in brown
Tattoo: Ner .Ink Let's Live for Today
Ears: Illusions Fairy Ears
Poem: The Bride Tree Can't be Read by Brenda Hillman
Sunday, October 27, 2013
To be honest, I'm totally hungover from drinking too many sweet cocktails last night, and I have few words today. Have you been to the Calico Kitty sim lately? When I was there for the annual Calico Pumpkin Hunt, I took a few snapshots of the sim. I do love the medieval feeling of it, and Calico has had a pirate ship rezzed for as long as I can remember. (SLURL to the sim)
I'm wearing one of her mesh hairs in this post, the Drulisa hair. It has four hair colors and a lot of streak colors, and it's totally free in the pumpkin hunt. Along with it, I'm wearing two different new dresses from Katat0nik, the Halloween Choco Dress and the non-Halloween one. Many colors and trim options to choose from here as well. Cuteness continues apace. Happy Halloweek!
- Skin: T&C (formerly known as Cupcakes) Autumn - Pale w/ Teeth & Freckles
- Hands: Slink hands - elegant
- Eyeliner: Schadenfreude Deathrock Eyeliner (group gift)
- Boots: Lassitude & Ennui Sugarskull boots in black
- Hair: Calico Creations Drulisa from the Pumpkin Hunt (with Halloween color hud)
- Purse: yumyums Hard Candy Purse in Jack o Lantern and Zombie for Horrorfest
- Headdress: GSpot Imogens Headpiece in Autumns 3 for Horrorfest
- Bracers: The Forge Viking Bracers in Steel
- Tattoo: Ner .Ink Let's Live for Today
- Dress: Katat0nik Halloween Choco Dress (orangey) and Choco Dress (green)
- Socks: Katat0nik Halloween Stripe 2 choco socks
- Lashes: MC Falsies lashes
- Eyes Rue Eyes/Lotus Eater: Ember for Horrorfest