Yesterday I was in the mood for art, and stumbled across the "Echoes in the Garden" installation in the Destination Guide. The installation was created by Rose Borchovski, and it's full of poetry and surrealist imagery. I could not understand the explanatory text from the Destination Guide (it reads, "'Echoes in the Garden,' is an interactive installation by Rose Borchovski on the 'Susa Bubble' story"), so I did a quick google of the lyrics floating around the installation.
The installation seems to be based around these introspective lyrics by Susanne Sundfør from her song The Brothel (listen here):
There are echoes in the garden, is anybody listening?
There are echoes lost in the garden, is anybody listening?
The ones who are only living are the ones who are only dying.
I found the whole installation thought-provoking, but I might return and walk through it while playing the song. I was there with a very posh-looking furry who hung out wordlessly and thoughtfully a few steps above me, staring off into space. I always wonder what people are doing while they let themselves idle in an art exhibit. Perhaps the player is off at the restroom, or heating up microwave ramen? Maybe distracted by TV? I'm always deeply curious.
My jacket (below) is from Kellie Iwish, a preview of her Elate! item for the December round of Arcade. I'm so excited about it, not long now! I'm wearing it with Jackal's beautiful Jolenta boots for Shoetopia.
- Coat: (Elate!) Willow Coat in Two Tone Teal for the upcoming Arcade (wheee!)
- Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui Jolenta boots for Shoetopia in gold/sea
- Skin: Potcha Kustom9 winter skin
- Makeup: White Widow face tattoo, October gift
- Necklace: Lassitude & Ennui Ophelia bow & pearl choker
- Hair: Magika Pixie in color pack
- Lashes: Schadenfreude heavy lashes (tattoo layer)
- Hands: Slink Relax
- Eyes: NP Lunar eyes in water
- Horns: Illusions Dreamcatcher Nivicola horns
- Headband: Silentsparrow Jolie headband
- Chaps: shop sey rider chaps in brown
- Pants: Zenith white pants (system layer)
- Shirt: ARAI V neck knit in green (system layer)
- Poses: Lolapop