Let me discuss my eternal love for Slytherin. When I began reading Harry Potter, I wondered why the narrator's voice was so obviously prejudiced against Slytherin. After all, "evil" is not part of the house traits, which are "cunning, resourcefulness, and ambition." It troubled me that the house was painted as anti-mudblood, and of course it has the dark reputation of being the home house of Voldemort; despite that, I was won over by Draco Malfoy. He's a cold, ruthless, beautiful kid who dances around school rules with the precision of a born politician. And after seeing the movies, I developed the worst crush on his equally pretty father. Fine, it was probably that hair.
All creepy pureblood eugenics issues aside, I think that people who feel drawn to Slytherin feel like there's an essential tough-love honesty about it. You can admit that you're ambitious and smart, and that sometimes you can't wait around for someone to moan and groan about whether an action is "right" before you take it. Sure, the path of Occam's Razor is a sharp one, but perhaps a little evil ultimately results in a greater good. After all, Harry Potter was very nearly a Slytherin... and out of all the students at Hogwarts, he's the one that exhibits the greatest number of Slytherin traits. In which book has Harry NOT broken school rules, after all?
*COUGH* anyway. I am tickled to represent my favorite house today. A bunch of Gryffindor students wandered into my Student Teaching study, and they might've annoyed me just a little too much... But don't you like my new crop of pet toads?
Wizarding Faire outfit:
- Tie: FATEplay - Donald Tie - Serpent - Loose
- Wand: Swish and Flick by *BOOM* in Vine 12 inch
- Pose: Miseria & Boom - Dueling 101 pose #05 and #06 Faire
Wizarding Faire furnishings:
- ::BB:: Wizarding Toads of various sorts
- B.C.C mignon wizard school Backpacks Green
- FATEplay Scarf - Evans - (F) Serpent (K)(XS)
- Collage - Wizarding Shelf
- floorplan. wall pennant / serpent
- floorplan. dirigible sapling
- Jacket: Grasp Leather Biker Jacket 2012 (mesh) in python
- Hair: Exile Far Behind LIght Blondes - at the Men's Department
- Hands: SLink Male Hands in Closed and Relax
- Eyes: The Stringer Mausoleum Catscratch Eyes in Lime
- Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui Arcanist Shoes in black
- Pants: Phunk BW Pinstripe Pants
- Skin: Ugly Duck Uriel Freckles - Moles
- Shirt: Schadenfreude White Oxford Shirt