I've realized lately that one of my tragic character flaws is to take arms for a friend. In Life and Second Life, I've tended to act on the principle that the enemy of my friend is my enemy. It occurred to me recently that in this small petri dish that is Second Life, we're all basically the same kind of geek. We might be extending our lives virtually because our real lives have certain limitations, or perhaps for other reasons, but we are here because we find inspiration here.
I guess my point is that in this small land, there are no enemies and factions, there are just massive misunderstandings. We're all working toward the same goal, and when my unreasonable desire is to chew someone out for beating up on a friend, I have to consider that everyone here is human behind their wrinkle-free skin. I am Thai, so I'll slip in a little Thai Buddhism here (from the Dhammapada):
If a person speaks or acts with a pure mind,
then happiness will surely follow
like a shadow that is never left behind.
Chai yen-yen, self! (Keep a chilled-out heart.)
Today I'm showing stuff that I bought from the Wizarding Faire, and I'm in love with the newts. They are so well made! Hyasynth's plushies just get more and more addictive. I also adore these prints from Allegory's bestiary. I'll take a better photo of my new shoes when I get home tonight, but you can stare at the perfect witchiness here.
Today's title comes from the poem Acts of Mind by Catherine Barnett.
- Lashes: MC "Falsies" Eyelashes with Hud
- Newt: Orange Newt! Happy Hugging Giant
- Ring: Ellabella Mecha Ring - Ocean Silver
- Hair: Wasabi Pills - Stella Mesh Hair - Tangerine - Wiz Faire
- Shirt: Plastik Ayana top in Morbid - FLF
- Jeans: Plastik - Belle Jeans - Darkwash - Tarot - FLF
- Head things: Aphorism - Head Wings - Stygian
- Bracers: The Forge Viking Bracers in black
- Facelet: Aisling Xanthe N1 - Gold
- Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui Batty Shoes in Black/Silver for the Wiz Faire
- Necklaces: Lassitude & Ennui Heraldic necklaces in banner/runes and raven's wing for the Wiz Faire
- Body tat: Wicked Tattoos, Rise Above
- Face tat: White~Widow October VIP gift in black
- Skin: Belleza Leila Pale 1 for C88
- Hands: Slink
- Lipstick: Dutch Touch lipgloss in baby pink
- Poses: Marukin
- House: Milk Motion My Little Studio in Montmarte
- Pictures: Schadenfreude Curious Flora Framed Illustrations for the Wiz Faire
- Newts: ~silentsparrow~ Mesh Amphibian Friends in orange and silver